Having a Cocker spaniel in your life is a wonderful experience but with it, comes plenty of worries.
One of the hardest parts is leaving your family pet home alone while you go to work or socialize.
Many people, if not most, do not have the luxury of a friend or family member who is able to pop in and check on your Cocker Spaniel.
Paying for a dog sitter to come to your home or for them to take your dog away for the day can also prove costly.
With the way, modern technology has moved forward, many dog owners are turning to pet cameras to keep an eye or their beloved furry friends but which is the best pet camera for a Cocker Spaniel? I personally own the Furbo Dog Camera With 2 Way Audio which is why it’s my top pick.
Before I go into more detail regarding the Furbo Dog Camera as well as the other 4 pet camera’s that make my list, let’s take a look at exactly what pet cameras are and how having one may benefit you as well as your Cocker Spaniel.
Many dog owners get pet cameras to catch their dog misbehaving when they are alone.
This is a good idea because understanding your dogs behavior is a fantastic training aid.
Speaking of training. If you are experiencing training issues with your Cocker Spaniel then I highly recommend you check out my review of this training for dogs.
What Is A Pet Camera
A pet or dog camera is a handy little device that allows you to see what your Cocker Spaniel is up to when he’s left home alone.
Of course, with the way technology moves so fast these days, these have quickly evolved into more than just a form of CCTV.
Today’s cutting edge pet cameras have full HD vision and 2-way vision so your pet can see you on camera.
Most have 2-way audion so your dog can hear you speak if you choose to communicate with him.
Night vision, motion sensors, the list is endless.
Oh, and some even have a treat dispenser…..whatever next?
Is A Pet Camera Right For You?
I won’t lie, our pet camera is more of a luxury than a necessity. We are in the fortunate position that we have family members who are retired and will regularly pop in and check on my Cocker Spaniel.
There are times though, especially at weekends when everybody is out and about, that we do use the camera.
We also like to use it when we go away on vacation. I know my boy Guinness is well looked after when we are away but by having the camera, we still get to see him which means the world to us.
How Will My Cocker Spaniel Benefit From A Pet Camera?
So far I have made it sound like dog cameras are all about the owners but that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Today’s pet cameras are just as beneficial for dogs as they are humans.
Even if your dog is well looked after when you aren’t there, been able to communicate with its owner will be very comforting to your Cocker Spaniel.
Some dogs are renowned to suffer from separation anxiety and Cocker Spaniels are no exception. Obviously, all dogs are different and this would depend on the temperament of your Cocker Spaniel.
Dog cameras can help massively with this issue. Checking in regularly and communicating with your dog will help reduce the chances of separation anxiety as well as any boredom.
Things To Look For A Pet Camera
I know I’ve mentioned it before but the way technology moves these days, there’s so many things that pet cameras can do.
Remember when cell phones became the norm? You could call or text message, that was about it.
Today, you can pretty much anything as long as you have an internet connection. Today’s pet cameras are just as sophisticated.
A WIFI connection will allow you to view your dog’s activity from your cell phone, smart device or laptop.
Wifi also enables you to place the camera where it would be most beneficial and you aren’t restricted to where there’s a need for a socket.
Two Way Audio
I love this feature on a pet cam. Want to tell your dog he’s a good boy? Maybe he’s barking or howling and you want to calm him down?
Well, now you can with the two-way audio feature. This can help massively with separation anxiety issues.
While most cameras will come with certain features built-in as standard, night vision isn’t one of them.
I guess the reason is that most people are at home with their dogs during the night. However, if you work nightshift or when you are away on vacation, you may feel that a camera with night vision is essential.
Some of the higher-priced dog cameras feature a treat dispenser that you can use to give your dog a treat throughout the day.
This can also be particularly handy if your dog seems a little stressed and you calm him down by talking to him using the two-way audio. Once he’s settled, give him a treat.
Treats can also be set by a timer to be given at specific times of the day.
Top 5 Best Pet Cameras For A Cocker Spaniel
Now it’s time to have a look at the 5 dog cameras that have made it onto my list.
This list isn’t exclusive and could be changed at any time depending upon anymore advances in technology and so forth.
- 1080p Full HD Camera & Night Vision: Livestream video to monitor your pet on your phone with a 160-degree wide-angle view, day & night.
- 2-Way Audio & BARKING ALERT: Furbo’s BARKING SENSOR detects when your dog is barking. It sends push notifications to your smartphone when it detects barking. Know what’s going on at home and talk to calm them down via the app.
- Fun TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free Furbo iOS/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch.
- Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug into a power outlet using its USB cord 2) download the Furbo app 3) connect to your home wifi.
- Stable internet connection & Wifi signal are recommended for the best performance.
My Overall Rating: 5 Stars
2. TOOGE Dog Camera With Night Vision And Motion Detector
- 1. Quick 2.4G Wifi Connection — Fast WiFi setup via mobile App on iPhone/Android smartphone/tablets(it can’t support MAC). This pet camera with APP supports remote access via mobile App anywhere and anytime. Support 7/24 video recording.
- 2. Great Day/Night Vision & Clear Two Way Talking — Intelligent IR-Cut switch ensures high-quality images both day and night. 2 IR LEDs, night vision up to 16 feet in pitch dark. Hi-Fi intercom without noise, souffle and echo, you can choose to listen/speak with this cat camera and start to communicate with your family/pet at any time anywhere.
- 3. Motion Detection — Motion Detection with push alert notifications based on motion sensing technology. Receive real-time activity alerts of this dog camera while you’re out. Motion detection sensibility can be adjusted by yourself, When the camera detected abnormity or alarm is triggered, instant alerts will be sent to you.
- 4. Pan/Tilt/Zoom Function for Multiple-View — TOOGE dog security camera provides horizontal 350° and vertical 80°rotation with a 4x digital zoom function for complete coverage of your home. The camera can be shared with others, thus you can enjoy sweet memories with your family by using this pet camera.
- 5. P2P Tech With Safe Data — Remotely access your pet monitor feed to enjoy peace of mind when you’re away. P2P Tech to ensure data is not stored in the server, it is saved locally. Safety is high because it does not leak out saved photos and recordings. Up to 128GB micro sd card(10 class) is supported via loop recording. TOOGE dog camera can charge&record at the same time thus never worry about running out of battery.
My Overall Rating: 4.5 Stars
3. DADYPET Pet Camera With Night Vision, 2-Way Audio And Motion Detection
- Remote Control & Motion Detection: The surveillance camera control with 2.4Ghz WIFI, no matter where you are, Dadypet pet camera also makes it easier to keep an eye on your pets or kids and know what happens to your home. NOTE: Before using the camera, it must be plugged in. When matching for the first time, keep the distance between the camera, router and mobile phone within 1 meter.
- Two-Ways Audio & Night Vision: Security camera built-in microphone and speaker to talk and listen, you can talk remotely with a pet, elder or baby. The most important is you can scare away home invaders. Advanced night vision, with 1920*1080P Full HD resolution & 6 built-in infrared LED lights. Infrared LED with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare. Perfect for baby, elder or pet monitor.
- Auto Tracking: Once detects movement, a smart security home camera will pan and track the moving object and send push alert messages within the APP. the unregular movement trigger alert. Note: Lighting change, pet, leaf falling down, curtain swinging also have influence. You can check the alert messages in APP and set up your own schedule to receive an alarm alert.
- Local Record & Cloud Storage: Pet monitor with 1080P wireless IP camera supports max 128GB TF card(NOT INCLUDE) which allows you to record video, you can playback the videos via mobile App. This indoor dome camera also has 30 Days Free Cloud Storage. You can review, save, playback and share footage at any time.
- Package & Service: Package List: 1* Camera, 1* USB charger, 1* Part fittings, 1* Stand, 1* User manual. If the baby monitor camera has any problem, please feel free to contact us by email, we will reply to you as soon as possible.
My Overall Ration: 4 Stars
4. AMICCOM Dog Camera With Night Vision And Activity Alert
- Safe and risk-free PET camera: You can save videos to your SD card (not include) or phone to make sure all your videos are safe and protected. We offer the most efficient compression and the highest data protection so you can be sure your material is safe
- Night vision Security cameras for homes: Remote calls and listening through the mobile app even in the dark, advanced infrared night vision indoor camera with built-in 940nm infrared LED beads, can extend the viewing distance to 9-48 ft, can play the role of theft, theft, and destruction
- Multiple DOG camera one single account: Acess your pet camera with our mobile APP anytime and anywhere. Allows sharing your dog camera with up to 10 family members or friends, and view multiple cameras on a single account
- 1080p HD pet cam: Full HD home wifi camera with a 90° vertical rotation range for 360° coverage. The resolution is 1920 * 1080P, showing a clearer image, pet cameras that connect with iPhone
- Two-way audio surveillance camera: 30 seconds of records and centers moving objects, select Cruise to horizontal 360° measurement area or cruise bookmarks for large areas of fast scanning
My Overall Rating: 4 Stars
5. WoPet Smart Dog Camera With Treat Dispenser, Night Vision And 2-Way Audio
- FUN TREAT TOSSING: TOSS a treat to your dogs via the free WOPET/Android app. Fill it with your dogs’ favorite treats & play a game of catch
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: Livestream video to monitor your pet with a wide-angle view, that functions even in pitch black, without disturbing those being monitored. It also features an intelligent system to ensure clear and high-quality images day and night.
- TWO-WAY AUDIO: Built-in advanced microphone and speaker for clear two-way audio conversations. let you listen, talk and reward your pet’s favorite snack or play & interact with your pet anytime, anywhere, Not only can you see what’s happening at home, but also send voice commands, scare off intruders and talk with loved ones, even when you’re away.
- OPERATING TIPS – Suitable for dry food only.Compatible with iOS 7.0 or Android 5.0 and above. IMPORTANT – Your home WiFi network needs to be a 2.4GHz frequency in order for the dog camera treat to work.(5Ghz currently not supported)
- Power supply: power adapter. Easy 3-Step Setup: 1) plug into a power outlet using its USB cord 2)download the WOPET app 3) connect to your home WIFI. Provide an interesting living for your pet with our WOpet Pet Camera Dog Treat Dispenser!24-hour professional service center and 365-day technical support
My Overall Rating: 4 Stars
So there you have it. My rundown on the top 5 dog cameras that I recommend you check out.
Obviously there’s a ton of these out there and like I say on so many of my posts. Do your research. Check out the reviews of other people who have actually bought the camera.
Usually, you get the best prices by buying online but still go into a store and check one them out in person, even if you don’t intend on buying one from that high street store.
If you are a bit of a tech geek you will absolutely love these pet cameras and no doubt end up going for the most expensive.
CockerSpanielWorld.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com